Star Wars Rebels: The Antilles Extraction
October 10, 2016 12:30 PM - Season 3, Episode 4 - Subscribe
A shortage of pilots leads Sabine Wren into taking a daring mission to infiltrate an Imperial flight academy to find and extract cadets with rebel sympathies. Between her and a successful mission, however, stands Governor Pryce and Agent Kallus, keen on weeding out the traitors in the academy's midst.
- Biggs Darklighter's, not Wedge Antilles', defection to the Rebel Alliance was originally planned, but dropped due to difficulties of working with Darklighter's established background in A New Hope.
- The horned icon on Vult Skerris' helmet originated on the original scout walker models from The Empire Strikes Back. While it disappeared from scout walkers in Return of the Jedi, the icon was seen on Kenner's scout walker toys.
- Wedge Antilles' connection to Fulcrum was first referenced over a year ago in Chuck Wendig's Aftermath.
- Writer Gary Whitta was asked to write this episode after his work on Rogue One and Sabine's false name, Ria Talla, was a leftover name from an earlier script for that film.
- The TIE panels exploding off in the episode was a nod to the 'battle damage' feature on Kenner's TIE fighters.
- The unnamed flight instructor was originally going to be Baron Valen Rudor, introduced in Season One's "Empire Day."
- The TIE Interceptor debuted for the first time in this episode. Its red markings are a nod to it being an elite status aircraft and a reference to the old expanded universe character, Baron Soontir Fel.
- The cargo transport was also the debut of the transport first seen in The Empire Strikes Back, which the rebels used to evacuate Hoth Base. The interior cockpit was created by repurposing and decorating the cockpit of the star bus interior set.