We're Here: Season 3 Season 3, Ep 0
Bob, Eureka, Shangela, and their drag daughters face increasing prejudice in small-town America. Silly bigots don't realize: if you try to strike down drag queens, they only become more fierce. [more inside]
We're Here: Season 2 Season 2, Ep 0
Halleloo! Bob, Eureka, and Shangela return! [more inside]
We're Here: Season 1 Season 1, Ep 0
Renowned drag queens Bob the Drag Queen, Eureka O’Hara, and Shangela Laquifa Wadley journey across small-town America, spreading love and connection through the transformative art of drag. Theme song "I Am America" is by the incomparable Shea Diamond. [more inside]
FLASH! AH-AH! He's the hero of the universe! A campy big-budget space opera from 1980, with music by Queen. [more inside]
Queen of the Universe: Round 5: Holi-Gay Finale Season 1, Ep 5
"Drag race meets Eurovision" isn't a bad description of Queen of the Universe. It features drag stars from many nations who have to actually sing, live and on stage, with shockingly expensive sets, professional music and choreogaphy, and nearly universal kindness. It's been renewed for a new season.
When a priceless relic is stolen, Queen Margaret and Princess Stacy enlist the help of Margaret's cousin Fiona teams with a man from her past to retrieve it, with romance and resulting in a very unexpected switch. [more inside]
Visual album from Beyoncé inspired by 'The Lion King', a young African king is cast out from his family into an unforgiving world. He subsequently undergoes a journey "through betrayal, love and self-identity" to reclaim his throne, utilizing the guidance of his ancestors and childhood love. The story is told through the voices of present-day Black people. [more inside]
A chronicle of the years leading up to Queen's legendary appearance at the Live Aid (1985) concert.
A Velázquez painting is auctioned off in 2016. But the painting in question was one of many destroyed in a fire at the Alcázar de Madrid in 1734. Velázquez is given a mission: travel back in time with Irene to investigate the paradox. [more inside]
In 1843, Isabella II of Spain became Queen at the age of 13 (with her mother Maria Christina assuming regency). A year later, she demanded to visit the Ministry of Time. Former Ministry agent Armando Leiva, who recruited Irene back in 1960, has escaped from a Ministry prison in the Middle Ages and plans to kill the Queen during her visit. With the very existence of the Ministry at stake, Ernesto, Amelia and Alonso are sent to foil Leiva's plans. [more inside]
Arrow: Brothers in Arms Season 6, Ep 17
Dinah mounts an unsanctioned police operation. Laurel gets career advice from Quentin. Diggle and Oliver have a discussion about the past, the future, and being a better man. [more inside]
There can only be one. [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: The Republican National Committee, and Campaign Songs Season 3, Ep 18
- The 2016 Democratic National Convention, and Hillary Clinton's choice of Tim Kaine as her VP pick.
- David Cameron's successor Teresa May's controversial pick of Boris Johnson as Foreign Secretary.
- And Now: A Summary of Roger Ailes' Contribution to Our Political Discourse
- Main story: A recap of the 2016 Republican National Convention. (12m)
- And Now: A Few More Highlights From the Republican National Convention
- Referencing both the RNC's unapproved use of Queen's "We Are The Champions" for their convention, and the long history of Americal political parties misappropriating music, often unlicensed and frequently ironically, LWT got Michael Bolton, Sheryl Crow, Josh Groban, Cyndi Lauper, John Mellencamp, Usher Raymond IV, Dan Reynolds, Ann Wilson and Nancy Wilson together to make a music video to speak against the practice. (7m)
Arrow: Al Sah-Him Season 3, Ep 21
Oliver (but not Oliver) spends time in Nada Parbat, and then visits Starling. [more inside]
The Prisoner: Checkmate Rewatch Season 1, Ep 9
Number Six takes part in a chess game. But how to tell white from black? [more inside]