Lodge 49: Circles Season 2, Ep 6
Liz attends Champ's housewarming party, and discovers that there's more happening at Orbis, while Dud finds Blaise, as Blaise found Jackie's story. "We're stuck in a circle, but the magic is just there, just beyond. Merrill knew."
Lodge 49: Estrella y Mar Season 2, Ep 5
Marriages are tested, tried, discussed, considered, and re-considered. Alchemical truths (the magnum opus, making gold, finding the elixir of life and becoming immortal, "an endless catalogue of bullshit") are enjoyed. A psychic is consulted, about life and ponies. And there's a brief, violent interlude with a nail gun, which might just be the nexus for positive changes.
Lodge 49: Conjunctio Season 2, Ep 4
"Well, guys, this is my speech. Long ago, at Shamroxx, we served french fries. But here we serve Pommes Frites. They literally come out of the same bag, and we charge twice as much. It's magic. So, let that inspire you." Also, there's a robbery, an attack with a frying pan, the closing of a door, and a marriage.
Lodge 49: DisOrientation Season 2, Ep 3
Ernie recounts his trip to Mexico to Dud, who hears a solution to all the Lodge's problems. The Shamroxx gang is back together, but this time, they're dealing with Higher Steaks. Dud and Liz learn they need more fydration. Meanwhile, Connie deals with her own disorientation.
* it's complicated --- Samatha Bee and her staff visits Puerto Rico to show how recovery efforts are going, and how much support they still need in this one hour long special. Playlist on YouTube, which has most of the episode and some fun teasers. [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Cyptocurrencies Season 5, Ep 4
- President Trump suddenly agrees to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jung Un, reversing decades of precedent on a whim.
- International Women's Day, "that one special day for half the population of Earth. Knock yourselves out, three-and-a-half billion people!" A roundup of disturbing and disgusting responses from across the media, finishing with Vladimir Putin.
- And Now: An MSNBC Guest, Brought On To Discuss Gary Cohn's Departure, Can't Get Over The "Bachelor" Finale.
- Main Story: Cryptocurrencies, "Everything you don't understand about money combined with everything you don't understand about computers." In a field fulled with ridiculous terms like HODL and LAMBO, LWT invited an inspirational speaker (Keegan Michael Key) to promote their new way of dealing with cryptocurrencies, responsibility: "Instead of being HODL, you have to be CRAEFUL!"
Writer Jia Tolentino has a new case for Super Tech Support: where are all those bitcoin she bought six years ago?
Mr. Robot: Eps3.1undo.gz Season 3, Ep 2
Elliot becomes encouraged trying to undo five/nine; Darlene gets stuck between a rock and a hard place; Mr. Robot sparks a panic. [more inside]