We're back this week with a Yes Yes No. Alex takes PJ and Alex Blumberg through Alex Jones's visit to the Senate. And producer Anna Foley helps us unpack the scandal that's engulfed Beauty YouTube. Alex Jones tweet and Beautube tweet [more inside]
Supernatural: Wayward Sisters Season 13, Ep 10
When Dean and Sam go missing Jody Mills calls Claire Novak and tells her to come home to help find the Winchesters. As they search for Kaia, the dreamcatcher who opened the rift, Jody is worried about Patience's vision. [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Alex Jones Season 4, Ep 19
Okay, so there were these seven days, and during them, this happened:
- President Trump announces--via Twitter--a blanket ban on transgender individuals serving in the US military. Oliver: "We may already be entering the Mad Libs portion of Trump's presidency, where he just persecutes groups at random."
- The Republicans' efforts to repeal the ACA, aka Obamacare, failed on every level, as Senator John McCain, the deciding vote, voted NO in dramatic fashion.
- Scaramucci's ascent to White House Press Secretary, an auspicious reign that will certainly last forever.
- And Now: More Newscasters Desperately Trying Not To Say The Words "Suck My Own Cock"
- Main story: Alex Jones, favorite talk host of Donald Trump and the "Walter Cronkite of shrieking batshit gorilla clowns," his show, and the vast array of merchandise, sold on his web storefront, that keeps it afloat, much of it medical supplements and other supplies ("nutri-ceuticals") of dubious benefit. Warning: contains images of the "perineal area." (shudder) YouTube (22m)
A documentary that loosely follows avowed dirty trickster Roger Stone through the 2016 campaign while reviewing the broad outlines of his career - from outsider, to Reagan campaign insider, to consultant, to outsider and insider and outsider (and insider?) again, all loosely framed around his (claimed) desire to someday run Donald Trump as a candidate for President. Featuring interviews with Stone, Paul Manafort, Tucker Carlson, Trump, and many others.
Rob Delaney stops by to talk healthcare, Bill O'Reilly, sniveling Democrats, and Gorilla Mindset. Then Matt tells us about the Juicero and Felix and Brendan reveal a new single by P.J. Dade, "U Give Me 3nergy." [more inside]
The crew fields another celebrity voicemail, from Alex Jones (Tim Heidecker), acknowledging just a few blemishes in his 23 years of bravely reporting the truth and nothing but the truth, despite a literal nucular-style attack from the mainstream globalist media empire.
The lads then discuss Mike Pence's Rules For Dating Mother, the sad sacks at the DNC, why American health care sucks (more on that next week) and a magical reading series from National Review's Jay Nerdlinger about his field trip to the National Museum of African American History and Culture. He did not like it.
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Trump vs. Truth Season 4, Ep 1
The first episode of season four! And so let's get right on to THIS WEEK....
- The inauguration of Donald Trump, and his whirlwind of activity, which Oliver describes as "the tip of the shitberg."
- AND NOW: Donald Trump Can't Shake Hands Right.
- MAIN STORY: Trump vs. Truth (24m, NSFW). While just over a quarter of Obama's statements rated Mostly False or worse by Politifact.com, nearly 70% of Trumps rate so. In the process of covering this rich topic, we visit a Fox News commercial with a "cowboy," Breitbart, Alex Jones (apparently a primary source of information for him). They cover the history of the "three million voted illegally" lie from Twitter rando to President-Elect Trump to clueless person parroting it, creating a hideously self-reinforcing echo chamber that is currently driving policy in the United States.