The last great race on earth starts on March 7th. You can see the list of mushers here or follow along by listening to Alaska Public Media's iditapod.
High Maintenance: Trick Season 4, Ep 2
The Guy delivers to a man looking for a connection who hires an escort for the night. Intimacy coordinator Kym bonds on set with a familiar face. [more inside]
High Maintenance: Cycles Season 4, Ep 1
Season Premiere: The Guy finds a lost canine; a reporter pitches a story about her parents' marriage and inadvertently strains her own relationship when her boyfriend visits for their anniversary weekend; a singing telegram in a bad mood looks for some relief.
The story of the sled dog, Togo, who led the 1925 serum run, but was considered by most to be too small and weak to lead such an intense race.
Young Travis Coates is left to take care of the family ranch with his mother and younger brother while his father goes off on a cattle drive in the 1860s. When a yellow mongrel comes for an uninvited stay with the family, Travis reluctantly adopts the dog. [more inside]
The Bachelorette: Week 2 Season 13, Ep 2
Love & Basketball. Suggested drinking games: Spot the Doll. Spot the Bromantic Looks. Spot The Number of Times Rachel Is Sick Of Someone's Shit But Is Too Gracious To Say So. [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: School Segregation Season 3, Ep 28
Week of 10/30:
- Regrettably, more on the 2016 Election, putting aside a story on Pirate Party making progress in Iceland, among others, to make room for it. OH WELL:
- The FBI finds a few Clinton emails in an investigation into oh god I can't believe I'm typing this Anthony Weiner, yes HIM again, Carlos Danger himself. Worth watching just for the footage of Biden reacting to the words "Anthony Weiner."
- And Now: The Stream-Of-Consciousness Musings of WCBS-2 Meteorologist John Elliott
- Main story: School segregation, and its surprising continued prevalence, not in the South, but in New York state. YouTube (18m)
- How Is This Still A Thing: Voting On Tuesday (It turns out to have started because, in the 1800s, people were expected to be spending Monday travelling to the polling place to vote.) YouTube (4m)
Filmed in a Massachusetts prison, Dogs on the Inside follows the birth of a relationship between abandoned rescue dogs and prison inmates as they work together toward a second chance. [more inside]