Taskmaster: Series 6 Season 6, Ep 0
Greg Davies is the Taskmaster. "Little" Alex Horne is the Taskmaster's assistant. Alice Levine, Asim Chaudhry, Liza Tarbuck, Russell Howard and Tim Vine are the contestants. Episodes are available on YouTube in the USA, and on the Channel 4 website in the UK. [more inside]
Neko zamurai: Samurai Cat (both seasons) Season 0, Ep 0
A humorless samurai, nearly desperate for work, agrees to assassinate a goblin cat that is accused of possessing a man's soul. (Japanese tv original, streaming on Amazon Prime) [more inside]
A week in the life of a young singer as he navigates the Greenwich Village folk scene of 1961. [more inside]
High Maintenance: Fagin Season 2, Ep 2
A couple visiting their daughter in Bushwick embraces their urban surroundings while dealing with a less-than-ideal rental that comes with an unwelcome roommate. The Guy delivers to Brenna and Molly's all-female, politically-minded meetup, where things get dramatic fast. [more inside]
Mystery Science Theater 3000: THE ATOMIC BRAIN Season 5, Ep 18
aka Monstrosity. "Chained... to the Devil's Love Lab!" An old woman hired three beautiful women in order to have a mad scientist exchange one of their brains with hers. One of them gets put into a cat because brain swappery isn't an exact science. With short What About Juvenile Delinquency?: A teen has a change of heart when the gang he runs with mugs his own father. Great short, weird movie. That narrator, the focus of one of the host segments, is a dirty, leering sort. Commercial lead-in! - YouTube (1h31m) - Unriffed Premiered December 4, 1993. [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: U.S. PRIMARIES AND CAUCUSES Season 3, Ep 13
- Protests rock Venezuela as their economy continues to deteriorate due to low oil prices.
- Canada Prime Ministar Justin Trudeau hits a very minor scandal, "Elbowgate," due to his pushing his way through a crowd of people in the House of Commons.
- And Now: John McLaughlin Angrily Introduces Discussion Topics.
- Main story: Primaries and Caucuses, the means by which the Democratic and Republican candidates get chosen, which is far from proportional to public will.
- And Now: Increasingly Weird Bell Ringers at the New York Stock Exchange
- Chechnya leader Ramzan Kadyrov, widely considered to be a brutal strongman and who idolizes Putin, has completely lost his cat. LWT launches a campaign to find Kadyrov's cat before anyone suffers for it. Follow-up on Huffington Post.
The Prisoner: Dance of the Dead Rewatch Season 1, Ep 8
There's to be a Carnival in The Village — with music, dancing, and happiness, by order. Before that, Number Six wanders out at night. Also there's a cat. [more inside]