Dublin Murders: Episode 2 Show Only Season 1, Ep 2
Rob continues to work on the cases despite his promise to Cassie. [more inside]
Dublin Murders: Episode 1 Show Only Season 1, Ep 1
Detectives Rob Reilly and Cassie Maddox are on the case after a young girl is found murdered in the woods on the outskirts of Dublin, Ireland. (Starz, US broadcast) [more inside]
When Jimmy Rabbitte wants to start a band, he has open auditions at his house. [more inside]
Derry Girls: Full season Season 1, Ep 0
Derry Girls is a Channel 4 comedy following secondary school students at an (almost) all-girls Catholic school in the Northen Irish town of Derry. The finale of the six-episode first season aired this week. Trailer.
Semifinal 2 of the 2017 contest begins Thursday, May 11th, at 2100 CEST / 3:00pm Eastern, with results announced ~2 hours later. Most of the world can watch via the main Eurovision YouTube channel. Fans located in the US, Canada, and Brazil have to deal with geoblocking. Use a VPN with endpoints outside the US to access the stream on YouTube, or use the delightfully Swedish feed from SVT. [more inside]
Over the past 10,080 minutes....
- "President Trump, two words that continue to sound bad together, like 'Horse Pope,' or 'Dr. Oz.'" Trump meets with German Chancellor Angela Merkel for the first time, whom he denigrated often on the campaign trail. He refused to shake her hand, which was almost as weird as that hand-pull thing he does when he shakes hands.
- Trump also doubled-down on claims that Obama tapped his phones, claiming as a source a "talented legal mind" on Fox who turned out to be noted conspiracy theorist Judge Andrew Napolitano. Even Fox News backed away from the claim. Fareed Zakaria described Trump's behavior on CNN by using the word "bullshit" and variants of it several times.
- And Now: Morning News Shows Celebrating St. Patrick's Day Literally The Only Way They Know How.
- Main story: The Federal Budget and Trump's plans for it, which are predictably terrible.
- And Now: A Special St. Patrick's Day Moment From Fox & Friends.
- Finally... Bolivian Traffic Zebras. Bolivian Traffic Zebras. People in Zebra costumes helping traffic in Bolivia. Oliver asks, what situations wouldn't be made better by a helpful person in a zebra costume, and answers: nothing. To this end, LWT has posted green screen footage of a dancing zebra to their YouTube channel, for the use and wonder of all.
It's time for the next round of the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest! Semifinal 2 begins at 2100 CET / 3pm Eastern / 12pm Pacific. As before, the live stream will be available via the Eurovision website. Viewers located outside the US can also watch via YouTube. Thanks to LOGO TV's contract to broadcast Saturday's Grand Final, the semifinal rounds are not available to viewers in the US via YouTube, and the Eurovision.tv stream is relatively low quality. One freely available (no VPNs necessary!) and high-quality source is the Swedish broadcaster, SVT. This is probably the correct link for today's stream. In case it's not, check the SVT Play home page. [more inside]
A couple on a trip through the Irish countryside find themselves hunted by a creature who only attacks at night. [more inside]
A new take on the vampire myth set in Ireland. [more inside]
Ben, a young Irish boy, and his mute little sister Saoirse, who can turn into a seal, go on an adventure to free the faeries and save the spirit world in this visually stunning animated feature. [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: The NCAA Season 2, Ep 6
ISIS gains an ally in Boko Haram. Ireland accidentally legalizes a number of psychoactive drugs for a day. Brazil prepares to investigate politicians taking bribes from oil companies. And Now: Newscasters Who Don't Know About You. Main story: NCAA is a billion dollar industry, but with many problems with how it treats its players (YouTube 21m). Last Week Tonight introduces the hashtag #soybeanwind and ends with an ad for their more realistic NCAA simulator video game.
Mr Selfridge: Episode 1 Season 3, Ep 1
Two weddings and a funeral. [more inside]